Blog Template Theology of the Body: Tagged!

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Tagged!


...by Dear Ranter, son of St. Patrick.

I tag....
I am canvassing some RC friends on this one ☺
You all consider yourselves enthusiastically tagged by a (presently) separated sister in Christ.

Jimmy Akin, official best of Catholic apologetics blogs.
CMK, who will have to respond in the comments- until he gets his own blog :)
Thursday, who loves Christ and His bride, the Church, more than anything in the world.

1. How many Bibles are in your home?

5 hard copies, and two electronic systems on my hard drive (Bible Works has like 50 translations, do those count?!) ...

My Scofield KJV, duct-taped and tattered- I've had it and used it since I was twelve, with all kinds of wacky notions about the End Times floating around in my brain because of it.

My travel-sized NIV, which I try to open on airplanes in order to make evangelical conversation… or so I intend, most of the time.

A Wycliffe KJV, “borrowed” from the Berkeley Seminary office here at school- the language is so beautiful, but my fellow Anglicans probably need it more than I do (smug).

My enormous and gender-inclusive, Politically Correct NRSV issed by school, which I use for school… using it for devotions whould just seem weird... I just love words like King and Lord and Master and Father and Son and so on, so much. YDS can keep its insipid keeper and commonwealth and parent and child!

My Greek NT, which I love enough to work work work at it.

2. What rooms are they in?
...My bedroom, study, and kitchen. Especially near the second-hand chair in which I have my quiet times. It's orange.

3. What translations do you have?
CF above.

4. Do you have a preference?
Hard to admit, but my Scofield is my favorite. We have survived a lot together. And what imagination! What novelty!

5. Nominate an interesting verse:

God sounds so inclusive here...

Isaiah 19:24-26 (King James Version)

In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt and with Assyria, even a blessing in the midst of the land: Whom the LORD of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance.