Blog Template Theology of the Body: A Little Pilgrimage

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Little Pilgrimage


I will be out of the country for a few weeks gathering research for my dissertation; I hope to be posting thoughts and photos while away. The trip will cover Mexico, Paris, Rome, Florence, London, and Oxford, and will allow for some one-on-one conversations with some wonderful scholars who have worked on my topic (medieval indulgences) and also some hands-on experience with the texts in question (at the Vatican Secret Archives and the manuscript collection at the Bodleian).

I'll also have the joy of welcoming Ash Wednesday while in Rome, where friends and I plan to make a small pilgrimage to the basilica of St. Paul's outside the walls, and by the grace of God through the merits of Christ, obtain the plenary indulgence for the Jubilee year of St. Paul.

John Paul II gave the last word on topic in 1999, which you can read here. It's also especially fun that the New York Times has just reported on this year's indulgence for Catholics.

Stay tuned...