Blog Template Theology of the Body: ...And a Glorious New Year!

Saturday, December 31, 2005

...And a Glorious New Year!


Two of my personal themes for 2006:

"When you are immensely loved, you cannot take part in the mystery of self- giving love by looking at it from far away. You must let yourself be consumed by fire, which burns the sacrifice to become love." (Pope John Paul II)


AND
Isaiah 55

10) As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, 11) so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me void, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. 12) You shall go out with joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.

May we all come to embrace with full hearts that Love which gives Himself for us; may our hearts truly burn with that Love in all that we do, until our offering of ourselves is consumed.


For Auld Lange Syne:
Some of my highlights from 2005...


1. Ringing in the new year on Campo de Fiori in Rome with dear friends...
2. Teaching two of my first courses in Ethics and Law at UNH and Boston University...
3. Travelling to southern Uganda to keep company with the little ones of the New Hope Children's Center...
4. Lecturing on the dignity of the human person in Kigali, Rwanda on behalf of The World Youth Alliance...
4. Meeting the Mountain Gorillas of Rwanda's NW volcanoes, and engaging in a game of tag with the babies...
5. Snorkelling in the FL Keys, with just enough courage lent by my mirauding little brothers...
6. Reading and meeting Stanley Hauerwas...
7. Studying Christology under dear Joe Jones...
8. Fr. WB's enchanted ordination at St. George's in Griffin, GA...
9. My sisters in the faith-crusade: Whitney, Meaghan, Jane, and Mary Katherine; Fr. WB complains that I only make friends with gorgeous women, but I am dazzled by your souls...
9. My brothers who ensure that my car runs, that I have my gloves on, that I need never sit alone at ECY, and that all my idiosyncracies are cherished: Mark Davidson, Matthew Harrison, Wallace Marsh, Adam Rutledge, Chris Bishop, Clark, the Renniers, and Tim Andrus; you all bring more warmth and comraderie to my universe than you will ever know.
10. My spiritual guides who provide the kindest and steadiest of care: Fr. WB, whom I love and follow around devotedly, and Fr. Jonathan, for whom I am so grateful.

Happy New Year-