Blog Template Theology of the Body: Introducing Eirenopoios

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Introducing Eirenopoios

Many fond greetings to all in the name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ!

I am thankful to MM for inviting me to be a part of this blog. I am in my mid-twenties and I am about to be ordained a deacon in early June. If it is God's will, I will be ordained a priest before the end of the year.

I have chosen the name Eirenopoios because it is the word that Jesus uses in Matthew 5:9 when he says "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God." It means a "peacemaker" (or peacemakers) and it is also the root from which we get the word pacifist. Few people are aware that the roots of pacifism, even linguistic roots, are in the making of peace rather than in passivity. As Christians our Lord calls us to be peacemakers not just by command but also by the example that he sets for us in his passion.

I look forward to many wonderful conversations to come. May God's blessing and God's grace be upon all who read these words. Amen.