Blog Template Theology of the Body: Least of These

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Least of These


My mother just sent this news from her prison ministry on to me... her team has initiated an Alpha Course on the basics of Christianity for interested inmates in the maximum security men's section of the Texas penitentary.

The title of her email was "this is the church at work." Jesus' statements on point are

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: I was naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. (Matthew 25)


Amen, mom.

Discipleship Unlimited Report:

...Saturday was a very special time as we concluded with the last three sessions, had communion together and handed out certificates to the men. Dave Pietrangelo started cooking the very special meal of pasta and 160 large meatballs at 3 AM on Saturday morning. The men were so blessed to have a home cooked meal and ate with such gratitude that it was a message to us. We had a time for the men to share. One of the men said that he had not taken communion since he was nine years old. He never felt worthy or forgiven. He wept as he shared of his new found freedom in Christ. Others shared their desire to get the good news of Christ to their fellow inmates. Several accepted the Lord during the class and one man asked for prayer that he could come home. He said he was the prodigal of the group. The sharing went on for an hour or more. We will follow up Alpha with a monthly gathering of these graduates and then start another group of inmates for the second Alpha class. The gospel of Jesus Christ is so powerful. "There is therefore no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus...."