Blog Template Theology of the Body: Why can Christians be so mean?

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Why can Christians be so mean?

As many of you know, I really enjoy dipping into some of the blogs run by young, evangelical homeschool students; the sites I visit express many of the views of my own background and upbringing, and it is invigorating to engage them from that context which I now inhabit, which represents the opposite end of the spectrum. These young people are the soul of conservative earnestness as they defend the American values of Doug Phillips esq., patriarchy, and notions of chivalry somehow wrestled from Scripture... but best of all are their personal "challenges."

This was recently received in response to my blogging... I had to laugh:

"Well said, MM.

Spoken like a modern newly propagandized neo-conservative catholic of the modern legal system with a freshly baked mind that thrives on spouting the rhetoric it has been fed, and is ready to join the masses in proclaiming what they have been told to believe.... I would encourage you to think things through a little more before taking Satan’s hook."