Blog Template Theology of the Body: Twenty-Seventh Honeymoon with my Lord

Monday, May 29, 2006

Twenty-Seventh Honeymoon with my Lord


For as long as I have been capable, I have tried to set aside some time each year to get away for some in-depth discussion and loving with God; in some years, this has amounted to the year entire, and in others, it has taken up no more than a day. This time around, my retreat will be especially serious, since my pastor has urged me to underake a full 30-day time of silent prayer and reflection at the beautiful retreat center pictured above. I begin a preliminary week-long retreat tomorrow in order to be sure that I can endure the full experience! The retreat will be based on the Spiritual Exercises of Ignatius Loyola, and will be guided by daily meetings with my retreat director. Please pray for me.

(If any of you have not made a retreat in a while, perhaps give the Jesuits a shot sometime in the near future... it will do you no end of good. See their directory of local retreat centers here-)