Blog Template Theology of the Body: Outrage as Church backs calls for severely disabled babies to be killed at birth: What's up with THIS?

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Outrage as Church backs calls for severely disabled babies to be killed at birth: What's up with THIS?

"The church stressed that it was not saying some lives were not worth living, but said there were 'strong proportionate reasons' for 'overriding the presupposition that life should be maintained.'

Read the whole thing here.

Every so often (ahem) the joys of being an Anglo Catholic are somewhat stymied for me by being Caught Completely Off Guard by something appalling that my church has assented to. This kind of thing of course leaves me reeling into the pastoral arms of the amazingly Christian priests, colleagues, and friends who are part of my life, for comfortable explanation. I, for one, have got nothing to say to this; I am dumbstruck. - Anyone? Help? What's up with this?

HT: Doug's Blog