Blog Template Theology of the Body: Contemporary Theology

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Contemporary Theology

This message recently arrived in my inbox from one of the neatest young women I am privileged to know. I had to include it here- It is inspiring:

Dear friends,

Early one afternoon in Gloucester last August I came in from a morning at the beach, and I found my grandmother knitting and watching the news. I stared at the flickering box in horror as the footage of Katrina's wake filled the room.

I was reminded of the words of Jesus:

"Come you who are blessed by my Father, take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me....Then the righteous will answer him, "Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?"

"The King will reply, I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me."


I remember praying at that moment that God would send me.

Tomorrow my fellow FOCUS worker and I will be traveling to Pascagoula, Mississippi with 20 boarding school students to serve there for a week. We will be staying at and serving with the Church on the Rock, partnering with families that need help removing old sheetrock, cleaning water damaged materials, rebuilding basic carpentry, and so on.

Will you please pray for us for the next 8 days while we are there?

Please pray God would fill this time with His Spirit and that we would all find Jesus in Pascagoula in a more life changing way than any of us can ask or imagine. Please pray I would trust Him with my many questions, and hear His voice over my own. Please pray for the continued healing of the people and land in the Gulf Coast, that God would be bringing beauty out of the ashes.