Blog Template Theology of the Body: Up at 3 AM

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Up at 3 AM


... not for one of the holy hours, unfortunately, but to ploink out a paper on themes of grace and merit in Aquinas. At such bleary times, I have the habit of listening to the same hymn, over and over again, for hours. This one always keeps me going, as it has this morning. Maybe it will be a blessing to one of you dear readers today.

Before the Throne of God Above

Before the throne of God above I have a strong
and perfect plea- A great High Priest, whose name is Love, who ever lives and pleads for me.

When Satan tempts me to despair and tells me
of the guilt within, upward I look and see Him there, who made an end to all my sin.

Because the sinless Savior died, my sinful soul is counted free. For God the Just is satisfied, He looks on Him and pardons me.

Before the throne of God, I come- Behold Him there, the risen Lamb, my perfect spotless righteousness, the great unchangeable I Am, the King of glory and of grace.

...My name is graven on His hands, my name is written on His heart. I know that while in Heaven, He stands, no tongue can bid me thence depart. One with Himself I cannot die; My soul is purchased with His blood! My life is hid with Christ on high!- With Christ my Savior, and my God.