Blog Template Theology of the Body: ...Cannot Stop Playing This Song Today:

Thursday, January 25, 2007

...Cannot Stop Playing This Song Today:


How deep the Father's love for us
How vast beyond all measure,
That He would give His only Son
To make a righteous treasure.

How great the pain of searing loss-
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the Chosen One
Bring Many Sons to Glory

Behold the Man upon the Cross
My guilt upon His shoulders
Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice
Cry out among the scoffers.

It was my sin that held him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished.

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no powers, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ-
His death and Resurrection

Why should I gain from His remorse?
I cannot give an answer;
But this I know, with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom.