Blog Template Theology of the Body: James Cameron wants to sink Christianity

Monday, February 26, 2007

James Cameron wants to sink Christianity

Time magazine is reporting that James Cameron, the director of the Titanic, is producing a documentary in which he claims that he has discovered the body of Jesus. I suppose we should take his claims seriously, but it is hard for me to take seriously anyone who gave me the three hours of sentimental dreck with Leo as the star. Of course, he IS also responsible for the Terminator series, so I guess I owe him a little respect...

No word yet as to whether Kate Schori has offered to narrate the documentary. (always good to get the snark out of me early in the morning)

Update: CNN has this report, which has a little bit more from scholars who think the claim is bogus. It is worth noting that there has long been a market for false antiquities in the Holy Land and some forgers have gotten very good at it...