Blog Template Theology of the Body: From the Mouths of Michaelites II

Saturday, July 07, 2007

From the Mouths of Michaelites II

More from those whose angels see the Father's face.












Another of our evangelism assignments during the St. Michael's Conference was for each student to author his own personal prayer for evangelism. I encouraged my students to pray their prayers daily. Here is a sampling, drawn from the language of Colossians. (Pretty awesome, huh?)

Dear God:

I pray that you will work in me not to fall into sin, but to proclaim your word. I also pray that by proclaiming your word I would save someone so that they would be closer to you. I also pray that people who already know you could help somebody else. I pray that you would forgive my sins and help me to be a better person to others. I pray that you would open doors for me so I can take opportunities for your word. I pray that I would talk about you when talking to others. In your name I pray, Amen. - Miss Cassidy Long, age 13

Dear God:

As we watch for your answers we will remember to be thankful. Give us the chance to preach the good news of Jesus Christ. I will pray that I will become bold enough to tell it freely and fully as I should. I will tell others the good news and be wise in my contacts with them. I will let my conversation be gracious and sensible for then I will have the right answer for everyone. - Mr. Dakota Foster, age 12

Most Merciful God:

I thank you this day and ever day for opening doors to allow me, a humble servant of your son, Christ, to proclaim the glory of your name. Let me persuade people to come into you and Christ with grace and ease. I pray that you fill my mind with some of your infinite knowledge to bring souls to know and understand you this day and forevermore. Amen. - Miss Taylor Quance, age 12.