Blog Template Theology of the Body: Musical Meme

Monday, July 03, 2006

Musical Meme

The Ranter has started a musical meme. You post seven songs you are "into" at the moment, regardless of quality, genre, sexual orientation, etc., then tag six other people.

Let's see, mine would have to be...

"My Heart is Broken" Ryan Adams, Jacksonville City Nights

"Strawberry Wine" also Ryan Adams, 29 (what can I say? I listen to a lot of R.A., and then his songs tend to get lodged in my head)

"Transfiguration #1" M. Ward, off the Transfiguration of Vincent album. I love this whole album (thanks, WB+, for recommending it), but I love this song, which begins with chirping crickets. It seems esp. appropriate for summer nights.

"Steady, As She Goes" The Raconteurs (Jack White's new band), Broken Boy Soldiers

Mozart Violin Sonatas Nos. 35 and 36 (Naxos label). (I know they aren't precisely songs, but I listen to this while working.)

Last night my brother passed me along Chatham County Line's album Route 23, and I think that I am going to be listening to this a good bit in the near future.

Finally, "Seven Swans," Sufjan Stevens, Seven Swans (prompted no doubt by the meme's request for seven songs...)

I know so few other people, but I tag everyone else at TheoBody (which makes three) and then two of my two friends Metafiz at ...perception... and Alexis at Adventures in Croatia. I think everyone will have to content themselves with five.